If the Singaporeans have their “Singlish” (Singaporean English, or Silly English if you ask me) then we Malaysians have our very own Manglish (Mangled English). Where else in the world are good friends referred to as “Abang”, “Bro” and “Macha”?
- Instead of asking you where are you are headed to, we ask “go where?”
- Instead of saying “how is this possible” or “what is up with that”, we say “why like that one?”
- Instead of asking you whether you’ve eaten, we ask “makan already?”
- Instead of asking to increase the volume, we say “louder the volume”
- Instead of asking you what you would like to have for dinner, we ask “what you feel like to eat for dinner?”
- Instead of saying “she's good at pool” or “she's a good pool player”, we announce “she good play pool!”